The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible.
Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in his name without discrimination.
ONE ARMY: We see a God-raised, Spirit-filled Army for the 21st century – convinced of our calling, moving forward together
- deepen our spiritual life
- unite in prayer
- identify and develop leaders
- increase self-support and self-denial
ONE MISSION: Into the world of the hurting, broken, lonely, dispossessed and lost, reaching them in love by all means
- emphasise our integrated ministry
- reach and involve youth and children
- stand for and serve the marginalised
- encourage innovation in mission
ONE MESSAGE: With the transforming message of Jesus, bringing freedom, hope and life
- communicate Christ unashamedly
- reaffirm our belief in transformation
- evangelise and disciple eff‑ectively
- provide quality teaching resources
Download the One Army logo and Vision Plan in many languages
Read this page in Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French (or Swiss French), Georgian, German (or Swiss German), Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Kiswahili, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (or Brazilian Portuguese), Romanian, Russian or Spanish.
Listen to ‘As I Have Loved You’, a song from Love – Right at the Heart, the first book to be published as part of the One Army, One Mission, One Message vision
A God-raised and Spirit-filled Army lyrics and piano score – a song specifically written to support the International Vision launched by General Linda Bond
Take part in our Worldwide Prayer Meeting
Prayer pointers from ICO and CSLD